- 8.00-8.30 a.m. Morning meditation
- 8.40 a.m. Breakfast (in silence)
- 9.30 a.m. Quiet work hour in house or garden
- 10.30 a.m. Coffee break (conversation welcome)
- 11.00 a.m. Silence is resumed
- 12.30 p.m. Lunch – this is the main meal of the day (conversation welcome)
- 2.00 p.m. Rest/free time – silence is resumed
- 4 p.m. Tea break(conversation welcome)
- 4.30 p.m. Silence is resumed
- 6.00-6.30 p.m. Evening meditation
- 6.45 p.m. Light supper (conversation welcome)
- 8.40 p.m. Slow walking meditation
- 9.00 p.m. Close of day – silence is kept
Please note: where “conversation” is mentioned, guests are always very welcome to take their hot drink or meal into the library, or quiet corner of the garden, should they wish to remain in silence.
Silence is observed at all times upstairs, and in the library.
It is important to respect the silence kept in these places and at these times, so that each person has the space in which to hear their inner voice; birdsong; and the wide, delicate silence of the landscape and nature around them. It is in the sharing of deep quietness that one can experience a genuine sense of temporary retreat from the noise and bustle of the world.